Join the our team: Financial Controller
FULL-TIME/PERMANENT | ISLINGTON, LONDON | SALARY: COMPETITIVE DOE
As a fast growing, highly innovative business, we are seeking a dynamic and proactive Financial Controller (board position) to take complete ownership of the overall finances of the business. You will be managing a small finance team and working closely with the Managing Director, board and chairman to ensure continued growth and success. Developing and implementing financial disciplines and controls with significant input into the strategic direction of the business, the role will be working to assess and prepare models for both existing and new studios, products and services as well as playing a leading role in evaluating opportunities and risks for the business.
You will have complete responsibility for overseeing the preparation of monthly management accounts, assisting the team to understand financial performance against budget and highlighting areas of concern. Key to the role will be a comprehensive ability to work proactively with a highly talented creative team to develop complex models and use them analytically in order to drive the strategic direction and continued success of the business.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with experience as Finance Controller / Director in the creative industry. The ideal candidate will be highly organised with excellent IT and systems skills, forensic attention to detail and a proactive attitude to financial planning and analysis. Excellent working knowledge of Xero accounting software is preferred. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, results orientated Finance professional to make their mark on a highly entrepreneurial , KPI driven business.
REPORTING / TEAM
• Reporting to Managing Director.
• Managing team of two, with potential to expand as company grows.
• Managing the financial department in day to day operations
• Financial accounting.
• Financial reporting.
• Financial planning (forecasts and budgets).
• Upfront and proactive financial analysis including complex scenario planning.
• Preparation of consolidated and departmental annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
• Preparing and evaluating business development opportunities.
• Proactive cash flow management and forecasting.
• Tax compliance.
• Key stakeholder in company leadership / board meetings.
• Preparing quarterly vat returns and other statutory returns.
• Ownership of the internal control environment.
• Ownership of the audit process.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to fluidly and confidently work in ambiguous situations.
• Provide leadership in challenging situations through clarity, tact and diplomacy.
• Forensic attention to detail.
• Proactive analytical attitude.
• Strong people management skills.
• Strong team player.
• Willingness to travel if required.
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
• P&L and balance sheet experience.
• Strong cashflow working capital management experience.
• Experience of working in a KPI driven environment.
• Experience of working in a volume / yield business.
• Experience of working in a creative, fast growing business.
• Strong working knowledge of Xero or similar.
• Strong understanding of all tax compliance
If this sounds like you please email a cover letter along with your CV to email@example.com